Wednesday, February 17, 2010

a breath of fresh air

It smells like spring. 


I have come to realize that the smell of Florence is very comforting. Very distinct, but very comforting. It smells especially lovely (minus the occasional dog mess, etc.....) right now because it is sunny and warm and breezy and amazing. It feels like home.


Today I successfully went to my first REAL class at the University of Florence - Teorie e Tecniche del Linguaggio Televisivo - Theories and Techniques of Television Language. Yes, it sounds TERRIBLE, I know. But! It was GREAT! There were only 4 other students..... very frightening and intimidating!! But they were all  really nice and the professor was AMAZING! This really sweet man who was very excited to have an American in his class. Naturally he asked me 100 questions about The Godfather (which I haven't seen.....) and 24 and Gossip Girls and actors and different things.... not one of which I had a good answer for... I guess I am not a good enough American = ) 


Anyway! Life's great over here in Italialand. I am going to test out a few more classes next week and then have a set schedule FINALLY. 


Alessandraaa is coming this Friday and will be here til Sunday and I am soooo very excited! Lots of great things to do including karaoke, some bar-hopping, a discoteca, a day trip to Pisa, aperitivo, pizza, etc.! 


More updates soon - BACIONE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment