Friday, February 12, 2010

a successful week in italialand

1. classes started. translation is AMAZING, opera is very interesting and i am not yet sold on cinema.


2. university of florence still hasn't posted the schedule of classes that i need to look at..... most likely taking 2 if i can fit them in my schedule so i can drop cinema. if not, then 1 that will count for anthro.


3. mailed tons of postcards, gifts and valentines.


4. have't frozen to death yet.


5. planned a long day trip to venice for tomorrow! rise and shine at 5:30am! home by midnight! 


6. been babbling, chatting and watching tv more with the host fam which gets me also more attention from the little bros who like to show me card tricks and gross bugs.


7. had my interview via skype for HR and i think it went pretty well..... i'll know the first week of march! at which point i will either have an amazing suite in my house or i will enter the room lottery and pick a room soon after! 


8. went to my intership today to create a game plan: start by translating lots of recipes, then onto short articles about events, chefs, winemakers, etc. and then perhaps writing my own short pieces in english! http://www.golagioconda.it/


9. very happy camper.


baci! 

No comments:

Post a Comment