Saturday, September 19, 2009

Un giorno perfetto!


Ciao a tutti!

Things just keep getting better and better! Last night Luciana made such an amazing dinner - fusilli bolognese (I think...) made without oil or butter, followed by thinly pounded chicken in an amazing light lemon sauce (again no oil or butter!), and then - the best part by far - homemade torta di zucchini which was like an exceptionally delicious quiche with a light, fluffy crust. Just when we all thought we were going to burst with joyful fullness, Luciana brought out a homemade panacotta - an Italian custard of sorts - with a blueberry sauce on top. Incredibile!

After dinner, Ali, Julie and I sat down to watch TV with Luciana - who knew that Criminal Minds in Italiano would be so good!!

Jet lag kept me up until about 1:30am which was unfortunate given that I was aiming to get up at 7:45 this morning (which I did not succeed in!)

This morning I woke up to breakfast, a nice simple Italian breakfast - pane tostato (toast!) with cherry marmalade and nutella, and some black tea - it was perfetto! Now I am about to commence my day, shower, wander to il centro to meet Alayna and everyone else, perhaps buy some fruit and chocolate and biscotti for snacks, as well as some postcards to send a casa mia in the U.S. and then we are meeting Giovanna for a lunch of cheese, bread and fruit (pardon me if I already explained this yesterday!) After that we are meeting some younger Italiani to talk with them and get to know the city more. Hopefully I can make my way home to take a nap before our 8pm (sharp!!) dinner, and ideally, I would love to go out after that! Unfortunately, the area where I live is near the train station which doesn't have the best nighttime reputation. I can get to il centro without directly passing the station so it should be okay, but when it gets late, I have to take a taxi home.... and no walking around at night alone - EVER - according to my dear nonna Luciana!

Più tarde!

1 comment: