Monday, October 26, 2009

PART ONE or the beginning of the best week ever




My apologies for being the worst blogger ever! It has been just about a week and I am pretty sure that in order to catch you all up, I would have to write a small novel.  Each day that I walk home, I think about all the profound and humorous things I have to say to you, yet when I get home, I am forever consumed by eating, napping, trying to read Italian literature and…. Facebook… and Skype. Therefore, I have now lost many of my insightful and moving ideas but please allow me to at least give a brief rundown of the past week.


Wednesday evening
Alessio’s birthday, therefore we obviously had to go out… The whole gang: approximately 12 Smith girls and our 4-6 Italian friends. Oh man. After spending a bit of time at a little English pub, we headed t Yab, otherwise known as You Are Beautiful. There may possibly be no words to describe this discoteca. It was packed with hundreds of very well dressed people and unlike Twice, the first discoteca we went to, people were not embarrassingly intoxicated or aggressive in their attempts to dance with you (for the most part…). There were neon blue and purple lights everywhere and a pretty divine assortment of music, ranging from Katy Perry to the hottest Italian pop music. We got there around 12.30am (mind you, we had class the next morning at 10.30am) and we left around 3.00am. It was fantastic and the small amount of tiredness that I felt the next morning was eliminated by the fact that we were looking at some really incredible art in art history! The one negative thing I can say about Yab is that while I was waiting in line at the bathroom, one very drunk girl threw up on the back of my legs…. Fortunately it appeared to be straight vodka and therefore I hardly noticed. Oh the joys of alcohol.



Thursday
Let’s see… Fascinating art history class in the morning followed by an afternoon of wandering Florence and shivering as the temperature last week barely reached 55. This may not be as miserable as the weather some of you have been experiencing, but given that the previous week had been in the 80s…. big change! After an amazing dinner with the fam, we (we being the entire gang, of course) went out to our favorite German pub (
http://www.braumeister.it/). We weren’t out for long as our lack of sleep from the night before began to catch up. I believe That’s about it? Perhaps I am forgetting something but I don’t think anything overly exciting occurred on Thursday!  



Friday
Ooops! Slept until noon – I never do that! Friday I met Breana, Ali, Victoria and Alessio at the Sede to get some work done. By work what I really mean is that Ali, Breana and I IMed each other the entire afternoon sharing stories and planning the rest of the weekend….. oops! (Aspetta, let’s discuss how Breana just got an internship at the Uffizi working in the library where they are restoring and documenting the old manuscripts from, you know, the RENESSAINCE, that were damaged during the big flood in the 60s…. BRAVA RAGAZZA!) I stayed in Friday night because….












No comments:

Post a Comment