Saturday, October 31, 2009

Waiting for my real Italian mamma

Bahh. Now I really am sick.


Fever approaching 100 degrees yesterday afternoon and a wretched cough, accompanied by tears and a low level of misery.


That was yesterday though. Today I feel better, although I am still in bed sipping tea, eating oranges, and reading.


Regardless, I have to think that someone is testing me.... Why else would I get bedbugs and then loose my wallet and then get sick all in 6 weeks? If anyone knows the answer to this.... please let me know! 


Fortunately, my Italian mammas - Monica, Giovanna AND Silvia - have all been taking supaaaa good care of me and my REAL Italian mamma is arriving with my real non-Italian padre on Wednesday. Thank goodness!


P.S. HAPPY HALLOWEEN! 


Italy is finally starting to celebrate Halloween. PHEW. The kiddos dress up, there are pumpkins and witches all over, and Giovanna is baking pumpkin pie. That being said, I cannot for the life of me find a haunted house or scary walk to go on or anything!! And I really want one! Too bad for me! Yesterday, before I started feeling like I might die, I was at the Sede with the other girlies watching Hocus Pocus in Italiano. It was hilarious! I still haven't watched the Halloween movie with my little bros, but Filippo is really sick too so it might not be happening today either.


We are trying to find something to do tonight with the entire gang which will probably include attending a Halloween party at a pub, and possibly going to listen to live music at this place called BeBop. We'll see. I haven't given up on a haunted something-or-other just yet..... 


Anyway, regardless of my sickness I have been very productive these past two days, and I must continue to be so right now or else I will never finish all of this work!! Ridiculous!


Baci a tutto!! And as we say in Italy - Dolcetto o scherzetto! Trick or treat! 

No comments:

Post a Comment