Sunday, May 2, 2010

May 2nd, 2010

Could someone please explain to me how it is May 2nd????? K, great, thanks. 

Today we had lunch at Enrico's mother's house. It was the first time I ever met her and let me just say, she is definitely an Italian grandmother. I had so much pasta (with ground boar???) and so much chicken (although not a chicken.... something different... and very tasty) and salad and avocado (although she kept saying papaya.... not the same thing, Signora!!) and coffee and wine and fruit thrown at me. Needless to say, I am stuffed! It was all very tasty but oh my!!!! Gotta love Italian grandmothers! 


Dinner was fantastic. Simple and fantastic. And definitely being made when I get home. We had these things, I believe we call them... coccoli? Something like that! Its pizza dough in little round flat discs that you fry lightly in oil and then stuff them with prosciutto and stracchino cheese, or gorgonzola, or whatever you like! They are SOOO good!! And Silvia made some big ones and turned them into little pizzas too! And we had good beer! And incredible strawberries and pineapple!! 


I've been dreaming about cooking.... I subscribe to this one amazing food blog called Smitten Kitchen and I've been saving all my favorite recipes that I get in my email. I took a picture of them!




Baci a tutti as usual!!! 16 days and 3 hours! 

No comments:

Post a Comment