Saturday, May 1, 2010

Thursday-Saturday: Welcome to May 2010!

Thursday, April 29th
Went to the artisan fair with my host family! I was dead tired and in a funk, so I just followed them around and tried to absorb of much of the time as possible. It was very cute - lots of stands of handmade jewelry, shoes, clothes, art, anything you could possibly think of from Italy and many, many, manyyy other countries!
We ate some hot dogs, piadinas (like.... cheese and meet in a wrap? But more quesadilla-style. So a wrap-type thing folded in half with meat and cheese and arugula.)


Friday, April 30th
I went back to the artisan fair by myself, spent way too much money, and bought gifts for people at home, my host family and myself! Now I'm on a STRICT budget!! No spending money EVER!!!!
We all (the girlies) went out to aperitivo over the Arno at a place called La Dolce Vita which was very cute and very packed and very much only had things made with fish, which was fine for me (although... one can only eat soooo many different forms of fish for dinner) but some of the other girls don't love fish too much, so we found some sandwiches after.
Then it was time for La Notte Bianca (White Night) in the city center. Stores and museums stayed open until 3am, there were concerts all over, tarot card readings, parades, balloons, demonstrations, cool digital projections in Piazza Signoria and ON the Uffizi building - all very cool!!! See Facebook for pictures!!


May Day!
It is so beautiful outside today! Warm, breezy, and even with the patches of clouds, its just fabulous! I just got back from reading in Piazza Savonarola with Breana where we got very distracted watching adorable families and puppies and little girls learning to bike, and grandpas playing games with their grown daughters and their little granddaughters.
Now its time to read some more, watch some shows online and relax! I'm exharrrrrsted!


Countdown: 17 days, 8 hours and 20 minutes 'til landing. Wow!

1 comment:

  1. For me, the first of May was not beautiful. I studied so much!:)
    A good friend that follow you in Blogger.
    Greetings from Spain

    ReplyDelete